Control Admin Notifications via Free Magento Extension
Thursday, June 19, 2014
Are you annoyed with an endless sequence of pop-up notifications having been logged into the Magento Administration Panel? Perhaps, you really are.
Of course, some of them are vitally important like Magento CE stable releases and you shouldn’t skip it. On the other hand, some promotional notifications should be optional.
So, our engineers found a piece of code, improved it. And what we got? Mage_BetterAdminNotifications Module.
Mage_BetterAdminNotifications Module is the absolutely FREE magento extension that provides you the full control over admin notifications. You can easily configure the necessary settings following: System->Configuration->General->Admin notifications. Here you can enable (in this case all the notifications will be hidden) or disable module. Also, if necessary, you can choose to disable only popup notifications but enable toolbar notification.
How to Install the Extension?
- Download the module and follow the procedure:
- Login your Magento admin
- Navigate to “System > Cache Management” and DISABLE ALL CACHE
- If you have the compilation enabled, make sure to disable it
- Log out of the admin.
- Using any FTP client, upload THE CONTENT of the folder “step-1″ to your Magento root directory. NOT the folder itself – just the content!
- Then upload THE CONTENT of the folder “step-2″ to your Magento root directory. NOT the folder itself – just the content!
- Then get back to the System->Configuration->General->Admin notifications and configure the necessary settings.
Still have any questions? Contact us email@example.com